Collecdev wins gold for best in green strategyJanuary 31, 2018
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) announced the winners of its Best in Green Awards at a ceremony during the International Builders’ Show and Collecdev is excited to be awarded Best in Green Sales and Marketing Strategy for the Westwood Gardens project in Richmond Hill.
“This year’s competition for Best in Green Awards drew an impressive array of entries,” said NAHB Chairman Granger MacDonald, a homebuilder and developer from Kerrville, Texas. “The winners demonstrate outstanding use of innovative practices to create and market projects that enhance quality of life as well as protect the environment and promote sustainability.”
Winners of any green or sustainability award in any NAHB’s or other honours, such as The Nationals were automatically entered for consideration for a Best in Green Award.
Some of the green and sustainable features within Westwood Gardens include:
• Innovative geothermal heating and cooling system is less expensive to operate and maintain, resulting in lower monthly maintenance fees
• Geothermal energy has a fixed 30-year agreement that includes a performance guarantee and predictable costs
• Full control of the heating and cooling in the suite, no matter the season or outdoor conditions
• Elimination of cooling towers saves over 5 million litres of water per year
• Greenhouse gas emissions are 70% lower compared to a conventional building
Congratulations to the other winners for all their innovation, hard work and commitment to creating a greener earth.
To learn more about Collecdev and its communities, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter