Love Is The Heart Of CommunityDecember 17, 2020
Celebrating community is at the core of Collecdev, and this year it means more than ever. In a time where we’ve been physically distanced, so many of us have managed to come together to support neighbours, friends, colleagues, loved ones, and our most vulnerable. Now, in the spirit of the season and in celebration of the community that supports us all, Collecdev has made a donation to DonateTO for COVID-19 relief.
DonateTO launched in April, a City of Toronto initiative to help support relief efforts during the pandemic. To date, millions of dollars in goods, services, and equipment have been donated, including:
- • Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to help protect front-line workers in shelters, food banks, and community organizations serving the most vulnerable people in the city.
- • Accommodations for individual isolation.
- • Driver and delivery services to get donations to people in need.
- • Food, cleaning supplies, toiletries, and essential household goods.
- • Donations directly to local organizations like the United Way of Greater Toronto and their Local Love Fund, where volunteers are finding creative and safe ways to be of service.
- • Volunteer hours offering mental health support, emergency support for families, and help for isolated seniors.
We chose this cause not only because funds contribute directly to the delivery of vital, community-focused services, but because community spirit starts close to home, in the city where we’ve chosen to build our life’s work. Toronto is home to millions of people whose diversity and dedication make this one of the most sought-after and livable cities in the world. We are a global leader in technology, finance, film, music, culture, and innovation, and consistently place at the top of international rankings. Collecdev believes in the strength of Toronto and we are proud to support DonateTO, a recovery effort that will help us emerge from this pandemic stronger than ever.
“Social Sustainability is one of our key pillars,” says Natascha Pieper, VP Sales and Marketing, “We build communities that anticipate the future while balancing today’s needs. Beyond the individual buildings and their associated amenities, we take responsibility to ensure that we address the complete needs of a community, including supporting its members during difficult times. We are proud to contribute to DonateTO’s COVID-19 relief and continue to support the community and the City of Toronto in any way we can. It’s a collective approach to development, creating healthy communities that last a lifetime.”
“Our daily lives have changed but one constant is that Torontonians care about their community and want to help,” says Mayor John Tory.
We couldn’t agree more. During a year where it feels like our lives have been turned upside down, there is one thing we know for sure – community, kindness, and love will get us through.
Happiest holiday wishes from Collecdev. May the season be healthy and bright for all.
To learn more about DonateTO, or to donate, visit donations.toronto.ca.